Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Urea Plant Simulation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_varman1980_*

Guest_varman1980_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:14 AM

Hi all,

Currenty I am working on Dynamic Simulation of Urea Plant especially Synthesizer and Decomposer.

Can anyone suggest any simulation software packages for simulating the Urea Plant as the Thermodynamics of the system is complex and propreitery?

Can anyone suggest external packages that provide Thermo of Urea/NH3/H2O/CO2/Carbamate system other than VMG Urea++?

Can anyone suggest some literatures for developing Thermodynamic Packages for the above system if possible?

Advance Thanks for your replies.

Varman.

#2 milenkom

milenkom

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hi all,

Currenty I am working on Dynamic Simulation of Urea Plant especially Synthesizer and Decomposer.

Can anyone suggest any simulation software packages for simulating the Urea Plant as the Thermodynamics of the system is complex and propreitery?

Can anyone suggest external packages that provide Thermo of Urea/NH3/H2O/CO2/Carbamate system other than VMG Urea++?

Can anyone suggest some literatures for developing Thermodynamic Packages for the above system if possible?

Advance Thanks for your replies.

Varman.

Hmmm every process simulation has got urea property package built in, if I´m not mistaken. I´ve never simulated urea plant before, but why do you think existing packages are not good enough? I´ve done formaldehyde production process in the past using specialty package and it gave decent results, apart from the absorber, but specialty package was still better than generic ones (SRK, UNIFAC, UNIQUAC).