Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Steam Pressure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Rahimzadeh

Rahimzadeh

Gold Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

please any help me
if steam pressure increase from 7 barg to 12barg in reboiler of distillation tower in addtion to reboiler surge what will be happen to our distillation tower?

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

please any help me
if steam pressure increase from 7 barg to 12barg in reboiler of distillation tower in addtion to reboiler surge what will be happen to our distillation tower?

Hello Mr Rahimzadeh,

What about steam qualification (probably it is saturated) at the origin i.e. at 7 barg?What about design pressure of tube side?More information is required....It may lead to higher traffic across the column,or floading of its trays,or overpressurization of the column,or even level build up in bottom of the column.......

Fallah

#3 acer_asd

acer_asd

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

please any help me

Dear m.r.rahimzadeh

It would be more helpful for us to understand your query if you provide more details.
I am particularly interested in whether reboiler steam side pressure ( commonly called as reboiler chest pressure) has increased over the period of time or you want to increase the steam pressure. Also what is the column bottom temperature?

Have a nice day.