Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

- - - - -

Welcome To The Process Heat Transfer Forum

process heat transfer exchangers shell tube plate evaporators

5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Chris Haslego

Chris Haslego

Administrator

• Admin
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Welcome to our newest Forum topic area: Process Heat Transfer

If you're interested in heat transfer, I may also recommend that you check out:

Process Heat Transfer

in our Downloads section as well. It full of great, experience-based information related to heat transfer.

Here you can discuss all area of industrial heat transfer including Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers, TEMA design, Spiral Heat Exchangers, Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers, Condensers – Total and Partial, Boilers, Superheaters, De-superheaters, Waste Heat Recovery Units, Vaporizers, Fired Heaters, Evaporators, Extended surfaces, Radiant Heat Transfer, Solar panels, Refrigeration condensers and evaporators, Submerged coils, Air-cooled Exchangers, Unsteady State Heat Transfer, Jacketed Vessels, Heat Tracing, Cryogenic exchangers, Direct Contact heat transfer – Cooling Towers, Kiln heaters, Electric Resistance heating

#2 Qalander (Chem)

Qalander (Chem)

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 829 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

Dear Chris hello/Good evening,
  • It indeed seems interesting with a focused approach on heat exchange in process industry environment congratulations.
  • However I wonder would it be making rationale to select and keep all previous posts related to this specific topic and bring under this forum topic.
  • May be the technology of computerized for sorting out the 'subject matter' or 'discussion theme' makes this convenient to attempt!
Good Luck

#3 mubarakahmad

mubarakahmad

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

thanx for such a splended welcome
would you like to tell me how can i have track of my question on this forum????

#4 glaszpeter

glaszpeter

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Dear Gents,

I am seeking advise as to how to clean A268 Tp410 ferritic stainless steel tubes. The fact is that the tubes we have supplied for the manufacture of three shell and tube exchangers are rusty within the tubes (and nice and shiny outside). I have no idea what caused the rust, but obviously would not want this rust to do harm downstream of  the h/x-s when they get installed. So I would like to propose a method of cleaning in the shop before the exchangers are despatched, but I have no knowledge as to what cleaning material can be used, in what concentraction, for how long etc. Of course I do not want to damage the exchangers, either. Can someone help me with a tip? 

Thanks very much in advance

Peter

#5 feihong21314

feihong21314

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

hello,administrator,i'm chinese and intresting in heat exchangers very much,mainly design heat exchangers and select them.thanks for your forum shara.

#6 harry2245

harry2245

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

What overall heat transfer coefficient can I expect when cooling with water through the coil in a pipe coil in an agitated vessel?  Liquid in vessel is low in viscosity, 10 - 20 cp