Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Seals In Flares

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 sharjeel39

sharjeel39

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Provide me any relavant literature for the pressure drop across molecular seal and velocity seal in flare stack.

#2 jrtailor09

jrtailor09

Gold Member

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Dear Sharjeel,

This is propritery item manufactured by the vendor. There is no as such stanard available for the pressure drop across the molecular seal & velocity seal. You have to approach vendor only for same. Flow rate & composition will change flare to flare so, not possible to provide standard pressure drop for the molecular seal & velocity seal.

Regards,

#3 sharjeel39

sharjeel39

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Dear Sir,
I totally agree to you that its purely a vendor item and i have asked different vendors about this and all of them are giving me different pressure drops, the gas flow is 15MMSCFD and it contains H2S and CO2, i believe the composition has nothing to do with the perssure drop but still.
I am not sure whom to trust because the pressure drop, different vendors have provided me, varies from 2 psig to 11psig.
For this i need assistence so that I can evaluate the correct pressure drop.

#4 jrtailor09

jrtailor09

Gold Member

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Shejeel,

Is this seal is molecular seal or velocity seal ? I think it is in psia not psig. Pressure drop is always in absolute. Generally Pressure drop for the molecular seal is high compare to velocity seal.

As per me 2 psi is ok but 11 psi is very high. What is a back pressure of flare header ?

What pressure you have provided to flare vendor to design the flare system componenets?

Regards,

#5 sharjeel39

sharjeel39

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Jatin,

I know this that pressure drop is indicated in absolute its a typo error but still thanks.
I have considered velocity seal and the header pressure is 50psig.