Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Assistance Calculating The Flowrate Through A Regulator Without A Cv.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 black friday

black friday

Gold Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the mass flow rate through a regulator (LT Gasetechnik 370100) from a LN2 storage tank, for sizing a PSV. Unfortunately the third party that provided the regulator is not being very helpful and the supplier is German, making support a bit difficult. The only data I have is the German manual, which fails to mention a Cv. It does however list Max. Leistung, which google reliably informs me is max capacity, as:

p2/p1 < 0,5:

bei p2=40 barü:

2100 Nm³/h

or as google translate puts it:

p2/p1 <0.5:
at p2 = 40 barg:
2100 Nm ³ / h

So if anyone could help interpret how to get my flow from this information it would be very helpful. If it listed this flow as at a specific upstream pressure I could just adjust the flow for the altered density depending on my actual upstream pressure, but I'm not sure how the downstream pressure in choked flow is useful to me. My upstream pressure is max 1929kPag. My downstream pressure is going to be the PSV set point at 750kPag.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: there is a vaporiser between the LN2 storage and the regulator so phase is going to be gaseous, not liquid.

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Keep after the supplier, buy another, or use a big number.

Bobby

#3 black friday

black friday

Gold Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm still chasing the supplier but I was hoping to be able to get a calculation out without being limited by their tardiness. Time is a factor here for me, the sooner I order a valve the sooner I get it installed and we're back in compliance. Currently there's no PSV installed on this service.

#4 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Consider these resources to support your study .

Hope this helps 

Breizh

#5 black friday

black friday

Gold Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Thank you for the references.

#6 Alex-LTG

Alex-LTG

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Dear Sir,

May I ask if you are still having above question or any other questions or needs concerning your mixer? I am the CEO of the company which has produced the gas mixer (www.lt-gasetechnik.com). We would be more than happy to help you easy and speedy with any technical question, English manual, suitable spare parts, on site maintenance, remote help etc. 

You can contact me directly via mail: a.hanf@lt-gasetechnik.com and you will receive an answer the same day.

Best regards 

Alex