Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Sour Water Stripper Simulation Hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 zetazen

zetazen

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hello every body,

i am designing a sour water stripper based on the same SWS in industry with 26 stage with installed pump around on the top stage..pump around extract liquid at 8th stage and reflux internally at top tray. 

i would like to know whether my simulation is incorrect or what, but i've already conduct a shortcut distillation to make it easier to converge. now i am able to converge the shortcut, but the rigorous collumn doesn't converge at all. 
here i attach the Hysys file 

Attached Files

• Attached File  SWS.zip   80.63KB   197 downloads

#2 mehul

mehul

Gold Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

dear, i have attach SWS converge file , as you are taking actual no. of stage , instead of min. of stage , if you take actual no. of stage then your tray efficiancy in simulation must be change, at 1 tray efficiency theoritical no. of stage arround 4 or5 as per shortcut distillation report.

Attached Files

Edited by mehul, 09 July 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#3 raneshkumar1992

raneshkumar1992

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Dear Mehul,

I am also designing a sour water stripper with 26 stages. But i just dunno how to do it because the inlet properties to the distillation column is not given. Furthermore, the condition is that I must have a max flooding of 75% and max downcomer backup of 40%. Stream 16 must also have an outlet concentration of

H2S < 25ppm and NH3 < 40ppm. How do I do it. Can u simulate and converge this?? Pls help. Thank you.

Attached herewith is the HYSYS fileAttached File  Distillation 4.zip   90.04KB   94 downloads

#4 mehul

mehul

Gold Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

your file is created with hysys 7.3.3 is newer version for me pl. send hysys 7.2 file.

#5 raneshkumar1992

raneshkumar1992

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Dear Mehul,

Attached herewith is the HYSYS file V7.2

I have managed to converged it but that is because I put some random values into Stream 14 (eg. mol fraction, pressure and molar flow) but my target is to achieve this :

Stream 8 : Temperature is 94 degree C

Conditions:

Max flooding = 75%

Max downcomer backup = 40%

Stream 16: H2S < 25ppm and NH3 < 40ppm

All the other values are correct. (Pls refer to the HYSYS before converged as the values input are all correct).

Hope u can help. Thank you.Attached File  Distillation.zip   163.88KB   78 downloads

#6 mehul

mehul

Gold Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

dear, i have converge with it distilation column instead of reboiled absorber and it get your desire spec.and max flooding 72% and DC back up 29%

Attached Files

Edited by mehul, 10 July 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#7 raneshkumar1992

raneshkumar1992

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Dear Mehul,

Can i know where u see the max flooding and DC? I couldn't find the parameter.

#8 mehul

mehul

Gold Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

Dear,

in tools>utility>tray sizing>performance it is for Desine case and you will checked it for rating case also.

#9 raneshkumar1992

raneshkumar1992

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Dear Mehul,

Thank you for your help. I have one last problem here. When I go to tool-->utility-->tray sizing-->performance, how come my this simulation file has nothing?? I want to determine the max flooding for this simulation file as well. Hope u can help. Thanks.Attached File  Distillation 6.zip   90.47KB   48 downloads

#10 mehul

mehul

Gold Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

Dear,

after converge the file , you have to go for design or rating case from tools >utility

#11 DANA-IF

DANA-IF

Gold Member

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

HI :)

Can anyone convert the simulation into HYSYS 7.1 , I really need it to understund SWS with hysys !

#12 hector.cardenas

hector.cardenas

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

Hello 

You have  information about of sour water stripper of a good source information for make an simulation in aspen hysys.

Thanks you