Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Amine Acid Gas Removal Simulation In Hysys

hysys amine acid gas removal acid gas removal natural processing natural gas processing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ekasusanto

ekasusanto

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi I am simulating acid gas removal using mixed amine (MDEA and DEA). The mixed amine was going into an absorber, however, no amine was found in the outlets. I already used amine package, but nothing happened.

Also, do you guys have any recommendation for the operating conditions? Because I have been assuming most of the operating conditions.

Thanks a lot :)

#2 Erwin APRIANDI

Erwin APRIANDI

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi ekasusanto,

Can you gives us the screen shoot of the simulation PFD at least to understand at which point of outlet that you are referring to, I hope this is at outlet liquid from the contactor not on the gas stream outlet.

In doing an Amine Sweetening Unit (HYSYS or UNISIM) you required to use amine package EOS, but I believe you are still using Peng Robinson EOS at others places.

Amine package, it can not be use for any hypotetical component, therefore you will have to removed any hypotetical component by using a component splitter before changing the EOS of the stream, or if not (HYSYS or UNISIM will removed it for you; if you are using Aspen or UNISIM).

For the operating condition of amine sweetening unit, for any absorption operation; the rules of thumb is to make the operating condition at high pressure and low temp how high and how low temperature it depend on how you can get it in feasible way, for typical value you can refer to http://www.bre.com/s...s-treating.aspx they have even the effect of having different temp, pressure and also number of inlet nozzle to the contactor.

Hope it Help.

#3 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

better to use promax.... you're going to have headaches with hysys.

just 2 cents ;-)

Edited by gegio1960, 31 August 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#4 Erwin APRIANDI

Erwin APRIANDI

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

better to use promax.... you're going to have headaches with hysys.

just 2 cents ;-)

Yup it is true, but only if you are designing the Amine regeneration package, if not and only for input to package licensor (vendor), AspenOne and Unisim I think it is enough.

#5 Zubair Exclaim

Zubair Exclaim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

ekasusanto check following

1-Dont use hypotheticals

2-Amine pacakge only supports a few components like C1 to C12 CO2 , H2S, COS , CS2 etc look it up in maual. Any component outside this range will give you crazy behaviour.

3-Confirm you are using a proper property package such as Amine or DBR amine

4-Confirm you dont have any stream cutters inside flow sheet or out side on feed stream

5-Also chek if you are using the right temperature/ wt% amine etc limits.... find it in manual ... check if your operating conditions are not miles away from normal operating parameters  

However i would suggest you use DBR amine package .. its newer and more advanced package...  although its not related with your problem.

#6 ebi4exploit

ebi4exploit

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

Please kindly follow the steps outlined by Zubair Exclaim. I guess it will suffice for the problem you encountered. And if there are any other challenge please let us know.

Best Regards.