Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Get Start Hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#26 jetul

jetul

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

This is Jetul.

Well, It was not my intense to fell bad the enginering ethics, well i just helped if someone have educational version. Its ok.

bye

Well, I again make my point,...

This is just the forum from which we can get knowledge.

I am sorry that if my attaimpt about HYSYS made some one feel bad, this will never happen.

ok, than

bye

#27 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

am reading your message now. thanks for your suggestions. i take into consideration. thanks for all. but i need to learn chemical knowledge because as i said before i am not a chemical enginnering student i am mechanical engineering student. so its hard to understand the reaxions. i learn how to study hysys but i cant build flowsheet and oil environment. i need the way i have to follow.
first of all i need the components that i have to use for example methanol NaOH etc... i built figure 2 on pfd but i cant fill the operations input. i can send it to you. you tell me the way. by the way i got 3 weeks for finish this project, so i havent got so much time.

#28 Radionise

Radionise

Gold Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:35 AM

Hi Huseyin,

You should have mentioned earlier that you are not a chemical engineering student.

Okay now this is quite tough, I hopefully wish that more people will reply. Currently, what you would need is a 'crash course' on chemical engineering and HYSYS. which i think not likely can be achieved within 3 weeks.

My best suggestion now, is to approach someone in your university who is doing a course in chemical engineering, and ask him/her for help to set up the simulation and run it.

I frankly feel that this is the best way to approach your project, given this short period of time. In my opinion, research project in university is not entirely about academic. It should also be a good practice ground for a student to network with others (i.e. lab technicians, coursemates, students from other course, lecturers etc) and see how you can actually get people around you to assist you, or sometimes, do things for you, especially on something which is clearly not your expert area.

Research project is also about management!

Cheers!

#29 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:42 AM

actually i got information about components. i got a document that biodiesel production from waste cooking oil, as i attached before from the past message. i got a sketch an i am gonna do the same of it. i build figure2 on pfd but i couldnt add reaxions and i am not sure about my added component, oils etc... i can send it to you and you can see what i can do and what i need. i cant attach it from here if you can give me your mail adress i can send it to you and who wants.

#30 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:08 AM

hi all....

as i said before i am working on a project that about HYSYS. here has a example of my project and it made before but i cant add hypothetical oil managment and reaxions correctly. if anyone can use HYSYS that cab easly make this. please dowload the document and check it. i try to make figure 2 that about acid catalzed process to produce biodiesel from virgin oil. here oil selected canola and i build on pfd.
please check this and PM me or mail to me...

mail : erginerdogdu@hotmail.com

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kmcbph

#31 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:54 AM

You can post the simulation here if you like. Radionise pretty much told you what I had PM'd you as well: read the paper thoroughly and try to understand what every step means. You don't need oils, just regular Hysys library components will do for you.
Reactions are entered in the Simulation Basis environment. You then add them to your fluid package. Back on the flowsheet, you can add the reactions to the conversion reactor unit operation.
It still puzzles me how "they" can give such a subject to someone who has had no introduction to process simulation.

#32 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

sorry i forget the document added.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kmcbph

you can download it here and see the way of dolution.

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

I am a chemical engineer, I never had an opportunity to use Hysis or any other process modelling software as I did not have access to them. I cannot afford to buy one either. Is anyone know availability of short Uni courses / courses at Technical institutes or private institutions in Perth, Western Australia, where I can learn them.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

#34 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 03:17 AM

www.hyprotech.com enter this site and you can find the course dates. all informations are given here

#35 Radionise

Radionise

Gold Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:57 AM

Hydrogen,

Curtin University in Perth, as well as University of Western Australia (UWA) both teach HYSYS in their undergraduate chemical engineering syllabus. I don't know if they offer a short course to non-students though.

But I always believe that the department would always be willing to organise one provided that if you are able to find a few more people who are interested to learn the course, say 6 or more.

Give them a call or email. Remember, you can always initiate something and propose it to the department so that they can organise one. So why not give it a try?

Cheers mate.

#36 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:06 AM

hi all....

i am working on a project that about HYSYS. here has a example of my project and it made before but i cant add hypothetical and reaxions correctly. if anyone can use HYSYS that can easly make this. please dowload the document and check it. i try to make figure 2 that about acid catalzed process to produce biodiesel from virgin oil. canola is selected here and all documents that needed are given, and it solved before on the document you can easly fallow the way. you can modify my project or built new one to add component hypotheticals and reaction. it must be run on dynamic state.
please check this and PM me or mail to me...

mail : erginerdogdu@hotmail.com

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i3xuzo

#37 huseyin ergin erdogdu

huseyin ergin erdogdu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:46 AM

here is the all informations about my project, i made something but i stuck on distillation. please download the file and try to solve problem for me. you can find all values that you need. i try to make figure 2 alkali-catalyzed process to produce biodiesel from virgin oils.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r6nclc

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (huseyin ergin erdogdu @ May 7 2006, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
www.hyprotech.com enter this site and you can find the course dates. all informations are given here

Thaks Huseyin.

Hydrogen