Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Process Simulation And Economic Analysis Of Biodiesel Production Proce

hysys biodiesel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ENGR. JAWAD AHMED

ENGR. JAWAD AHMED

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

VENERABLE FRIENDS AND SENIORS

I HAVE COMPLETED MY POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA AND NOW WANT TO DO RESEARCH OF M.E I NEED UR PRECIOUS SUGESSTION AS WELL HELP REGARDING MY RESEARCH TOPIC  I HAVE SELECTED "Process Simulation and Economic Analysis of Biodiesel Production Processes Using BIODIESEL (JETROPHA, PALM OIL, CASTOR, RAPESEED ETC....) VS BIODIESEL"  BUT IF ANY OTHER KIND OF TOPIC U HAVE THAT CAN EASILY DONE ON HYSYS SOFTWARE .... PLZ SUGGEST AND I NEED A BIODIESEL SIMULATIONS PRODUCED BY ANY VEGETABLE OIL KINDLY INBOX ME ..... I SHALL VERY THANKFUL TO YOU.

KHOSO.JAWAD@GMAIL.COM

#2 AlertO

AlertO

Gold Member

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

hi Jawad Ahmed

To perform the simulation of biodiesel on HYSYS is not easy as you expected. i haven't done this kind of process simulation before, but just leave you with some ideas:

1. To use Aspen Plus may be more suitable for this kind of process because it has more units i.e. reactors and also the more chemical substances you can select.

2. i think you need to model your vegetarial oils similarly to prepare the crude assay.

3. Consider about the reaction machanism. In case the process is the batch process, to perform in simlation as continuous one maybe not realistic. Because actually, you may need two trains of batch process to maintain the continuous production. 

Hope this may help you