Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

What Is Degas Pipe, Could Anyone Help Me ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 tobebest

tobebest

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

what is the difference between degas pipe and two phase separater? I need your help.THX

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,343 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:07 AM

tobebest,

What you call a degas line is probably what I call a vent line to allow the release of gas ,installed on equipment or on pipe .A 2 phase separator is a mechanical equipment designed for the separation between liquid and gas . Try the search engine or Google ,key words " Gas liquid separator ".

Hope this helps

Breizh

#3 Bhavinkumar

Bhavinkumar

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:31 AM

I have used degassing pipe upstream of storage tank. Basically it is used to remove gases in the feed stream. Usually, It is fabricated from the piping piece, hence does not call for ASME code. However, two phase seperator is equipment and designed as per ASME code and used for liquid/gas separation. When we talk about two phase separator, efficiency of the seperation also comes in the picture. What I mean is for degasser it is envisaged to have bulk separation only and do not have any internals usually. While in two phase seperator you will be having distributor, mist eliminator or cyclone or vane plate etc as per the process call and efficiency required for seperation.