Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Using Ro After Blow Down Valve

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 m42364236k

m42364236k

Gold Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Dears i habe qiestion about the using the RO

First of all. As i know the purpose of this RO iafter bdv .is to restric the pressure to flare pressure
My question is .i see the RO that has been used after manual globe valve .
S i know the function of Rois to reduce the pressire .but with manual globe valve. Operator can open the valve slowly and no need to use this RO.
I think RO can be aplivable whenever we have blow down vlabe not manual glob valve .

Thanks

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

Mike,

Appears you make mistake when you are using the keys of the key boards to type your post leading to typpo errors...

Anyway, generally yes, the RO is normally used after full bore on/off valve such as a BDV but if there would be a safety issue needed the flow to be restricted to downstream, even a RO may be applied after a manual globe valve to restrict the flow for inadvertent wide open position of mentioned valve...

#3 m42364236k

m42364236k

Gold Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

Dear nasser
Thank you bout your reply.
As i know when ever operator wanted to opem the globe valve he can open it step by step not quick open .
This globe vale located after the stone trap on wellhead line .
We have stone trap. On wellhead it use to trap the stone when ever the differential pressure on stoe trap reach high operator open the globe valve line to dipressurizing the stone trap .
After mentioe stone trap we have RO.
My concern is the sand with vent going through the RO and cause to block the RO .
Is it nessesary to consider the RO downstrem of manual globe valve .is nt it better to remove the RO?

#4 AlertO

AlertO

Gold Member

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

hi

Removing RO means you allow larger flow rate releasing to your flare system. the existing facilities e.g. pipe size and flare capacity may be not suitable with your new maximum flow.

Edited by AlertO, 30 October 2014 - 11:20 PM.