Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Requirement Of Routing Bleed Valve To Drain And Flare

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Afshin445

Afshin445

Gold Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

Dear Forum Experts,

Currently I am working in a project which is including installatiion of a new dehydration skid in existing platform.

Project will execute in two phases. In 1st phase of project we are going to install new tie-in valves for all of tie-in connection from skid to existing lines which planned for next plant shutdown.

In 2nd phase of project new skid tie-ins will be connected to tie-in valves which installed during phase 1 when plant is in operation.

According client spec for all of hydrocarbon lines with Ansi rating of 300# and above DBB valves is required.

The problem I am facing now is client requested all DBB bleed valves shall be routed to flare and closed drain header (For gas service to flare and for liquid service to closed drain) which I never saw this before.

Honestly I dont have any experince in such a specific area and also I didnt find any standard or spec for such a problem.

Appriciated if you can share your experince and knowledge about this client recommendation.

Edited by Afshin, 19 November 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Environmental considerations (perhaps politically regulated) are likely the cause of the requirement. Maintenance, startup, and shutdown emissions may need deliberate handling to comply. Venting to flare header may require additional pressure control on the equipment to avoid back flow.