Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Model Management

hysys modelling simulation library management

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 lhan510

lhan510

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

We have a large number of HYSYS models that have been developed for our processing facilities and we are looking to control access to these models.  We have had issues in the past with people accidentally (we hope) modifying our models and we’d like to protect them from inadvertent changes.  The files are currently just stored on a network drive but we are hoping to find a solution that will allow us to manage access to the files i.e. allow some individual both read and write access to the models while others would only be allowed read access.  Is anyone aware of a software package or  anything else that would provide something like this?  I appreciate any advice you all might have.

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

You will get the best advice from AspenTech, since it's their product.

Bobby

#3 pavanayi

pavanayi

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

lhan510,

IMO the best way to do what you want would be through windows access control and permissions. 

If you have groups or usernames already created in your windows network, the best way is to limit the users who can edit/modify the files that way.

Also, if you have access to the support.aspentech.com website, these solutions will be useful for your query

What are the various password security features available in Aspen HYSYS?

http://support.aspen....cgi?key=138939

in which two modes of file security are mentioned: Flowsheet locking and File Access.

Also, check Aspen HYSYS On-Line Help under ‘Case Security.’ 

#4 lhan510

lhan510

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thank you for your input.  We do have a support contract with Aspen so I will contact them and see if they have any additional recommendations.  Again I appreciate your advice.

#5 RockDock

RockDock

Gold Member

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

While we don't have Hysys models, we control access to our ProMax models and related project documents the same way pavanayi described. Works well, too.