Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Crude Oil Simulation

crude oil refinery hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

Dear All, please I very need your help 

I tried to simulate crude Oil with 2 different spec. first a crude oil based on design spec, and the second is crude oil from Banyu Urip Well (Indonesia) that will used as actual feed for my plant.

The point is, this refinery wants to compare the product result between crude oil design with crude oil actual.

I have tried to simulate the crude design with refluxed absorber column and have a good result, column converged. I input all operations parameter that state on their engineering document such a temperature, capacity, flow kerosine, diesel, residue, pressure, plate number, etc..all this parameter already determined by them. so far I use this parameter to simulate with crude design, there is no problem appear. 

But, the problems appear when I use the second crude oil from Banyu Urip. I have input TBP data, bulk properties data and density data. and the result, hysys show that this crude have a different composition with the design crude. I see that kerosine naphta and diesel already change and has turn into fewer.

When I tried to run the column with the simmiliar spec parameter that I used before, the column is not converged. I see on monitor window, that flow of kerosine from kerosine stripper is increase of error. this error occur because there is a considerable difference between a value estimate that I input and actual value that calculated by HYSYS. I wait until 2000 iteration and column did not converged well. And matrix diagonal zero appear. 

I attach the HYSYS file. the design simulation and the actual simulation.

I wish there is HYSYS expertist in this Forum who wants help me. or anyone who has a simmilar problem with me and has found the solutions.

download link file

http://www.4shared.c...HYSYS_file.html

sorry I am not permitted to upload hysys file in this website.

Regards,

Muhammad RIzal

Jakarta, Indonesia

#2 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

please help me help help help

#3 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:00 AM

please help me help me help help help

#4 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

I don't have HYSYS on my private PC but I can try to give you a few hints.

- Look on the TBP curve of the alternate Crude oil how much yield you can expect for each product - perhaps it is quite different from the original feedstock;

- During convergence run, monitor on the specs tab which of the specifications has large difference between the specified and the current value, and adjust accordingly;

- Try to change the nature of the specifications, i.e. instead of product flow rates use tray temperatures or vice versa.

#5 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

HEEEELPPP

#6 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:15 AM

I don't have HYSYS on my private PC but I can try to give you a few hints.

- Look on the TBP curve of the alternate Crude oil how much yield you can expect for each product - perhaps it is quite different from the original feedstock;

- During convergence run, monitor on the specs tab which of the specifications has large difference between the specified and the current value, and adjust accordingly;

- Try to change the nature of the specifications, i.e. instead of product flow rates use tray temperatures or vice versa.

Dear Zauberberg

Yes there is large difference between the specified and the current value. I have tried to adjust the value for this spec but column not converged yet. I decrease the value column not converged too, increase the value, the result become more not good. 
Zauberberg please if you have a time..check my file and help me. I pray for you, may god glorify your kindness.

#7 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

PLEASE HEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#8 muhammad rizal

muhammad rizal

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts