Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Distillation Curve Methods

uop76 astm tbp distillation method chemstations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 AK47

AK47

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Good morning all,

I have been provided a stream that was characterized by Distillation method UOP76, High Vacuum Distillation of High Boiling Range Petroleum Products".  I need to input this data into Chemcad/chemstations to run some process simulations.  However, I am limited to just ASTM or TBP distillation methods. The folks at chemstations are unable to offer advice on the best method to use for simulation.

Does anyone have experience with the UOP76 method and can you provide what type of parameters it is run under?  Do you know of a way to input it or convert it over to a ASTM method?

Thank you-

#2 Napo

Napo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

Hello AK47,

You need obligatorily to know the pressure value in UOP-76 after; you can review the ASTM D-1196 or D-2892 for temperature change in pressure function. The textbook Wauquier (Petroleum Refining Vol. 1) also gives information about this change. Other textbook is: Riazi, Characterization and Properties of Petroleum Fractions.

Maybe you can review in the data base in your University Library, or you can write to UOP web page for request this information (pressure value).

In few days I will go to the university library and will search this.

Regards,

Napo.

#3 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

Perhaps your company can obtain the UOP test method where you can see all the relevant parameters. The cost of the standard is $325: http://www.harristes....asp?search=UOP

Maybe Dr Rao can help further if he sees this post.