Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Drain System And Water Treatment For Gas Processing Facilities

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 mosayef

mosayef

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:08 AM

hi all,

i have to design drain systems for natural gas processing facility, since i am new in designing this system, i need to know the basic concept of designing drain system and water treatment for upstream natural gas processing.

i need to know about how to design open / closed drain system, the difference between this two, equipment / piping design for drain system. Are there any international standards providing guidelines for open and closed drain systems ?

i need your help. i hope you can give me an example file or at least direct me to literature to understand about drain system and water treatment for upstream natural gas processing

thank you

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

mosayef,

What you are trying to know is included in a document titled "Drainage Philosophy" and normally covers following drainage systems in a gas processing plant:

-Non contaminated sewer

-Contaminated sewer

-Oily water sewer

-Chemical sewer

-Domestic sewer

-Cooling water system

-Rain water ditches

-Closed drain system

#3 kloroform

kloroform

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:37 AM

Fallah,

I am a junior Engineer, I have to design facilities to handle Drained Water from the Onshore Natural Gas Processing Facilities. The liquid collected in the Drain Header will be routed to Waste Water Treatment Facilities. The natural gas comes from Dry Gas Reservoir which means there is almost no condensate in the system (almost only water in the separated liquid). The total Drained Liquid is expected around 1500 Barrel/Day

I am thinking that the drained liquid shall be processed in the API Separator (Open Drain System), and at the downstream of API separator i will put Liquid Tank (Closed Drain System) to avoid air infiltration to the system (due to liquid level at Liquid Tank). am i right to design the system like this, Fallah ? 

Could you please give me any documents / other references about Drainge Philosophy ? so i can have better understanding :)

Edited by kloroform, 19 July 2015 - 01:58 AM.