Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Flare Gas Recovery-P&id

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 alirah

alirah

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I am studying about flare gas recovery process using liquid-jet ejectors. To understand the control philosophy of the  unit I need to study a sample P&ID. Is there anyplace where I can find one? Please help.

#2 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

If it's not on Google, then there isn't anywhere.

#3 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

See attached files and the links below - they show basic configuration of VRU's and the equipment involved:

http://repository.ta....pdf?sequence=1

http://www.gpa-gcc-c...White Paper.pdf

Attached Files

#4 alirah

alirah

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Zauberberg,

No it's not on google.:(I have some information about process equipment . But I know like nothing about instrumentation and control.

#5 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:56 AM

www.hijet.com.... try to speak with them

good luck

2st-diagramm.gif

#6 alirah

alirah

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:57 AM

gegio,

I'm working on it as a parallel solution. (which now seems to me like the only solution)

#7 alirah

alirah

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:05 AM

I found this picture while googling and it seems pretty helpful. It seems very similar to what a 3-phase separator in my case should be. I just don't understand why there are 2 level controls! I tried to open the website for more information but it gives some "time zone" error which I can't solve.

http://www.google.co...ed=0CB0QMygAMAA

Edited by alirah, 29 April 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#8 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

There are two liquid phases (water and condensate) and hence two LC's.

#9 alirah

alirah

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

Zauberberg,

You are right. actually the question is: do we need a 3-phase separator when water and Amine solutions need not to separate and the pump sucks the DEA solution as the motive liquid? what am I missing here?  I have prepared a sample p&Id. It would be great if you (as well as everybody else) could have a look at it and correct me. I'm a mechanical engineer and quite new at process engineering. 

Attached Files

#10 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

It all depends what the flare gas consists of, and what facilities are available downstream of the flare gas drum for water (or amine) - hydrocarbon separation. You need to think about that before you can make a definite decision on which type of separator to use in this service. Consider all credible scenarios. I see you intend to recycle amine back to amine regenerator. If this stream gets contaminated with liquid hydrocarbons, you can expect foaming and fouling in the regenerator. I think you will also need a pump to transfer the liquid phase back to amine unit.

As for the P&ID, it seems like you intend to use eductors for moving gas from the flare header. This setup is quite new for me (which doesn't mean it is not functional - I simply have no experience with this arrangement). Why don't you use a compressor, which is typical and proven in flare gas recovery units?

Edited by Zauberberg, 03 May 2015 - 05:58 AM.