Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Calculation Of Water Consumption And Fuel A Boiler

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 kamikase2996

kamikase2996

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Excuse my English.

Dear, I am doing my project of memory and partly it must conduct an analysis of the feasibility of putting into operation a boiler, that while I keep the approximate amount of steam that I produce, I could not find a way to estimate consumption water and fuel would be. Well, the information that is provided to me is:

Caldera Type: Firetube two phases
Steam production capacity of 3000 kg / h
Working pressure: 8 kg / cm2
Heating surface: 155.4 m2

With a burner of the following characteristics:

Diesel Fuel
Q: Min 95 kg / h 1127 kW - Max 285 kg / h 3380 KW

I have the tank capacity of the boiler, but I think it is around 6000 m3, and the temperature of water entering this is approximately 35 ° C (if, should be higher).

As I can calculate the consumption of water or oil that would have the boiler with the production of a certain amount of steam? there any way to know the information I have?

Greetings!

#2 ankitg009

ankitg009

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:32 AM

You should specify the steam you want to produce (Saturated or superheated) &  please attach PFD of the same.

#3 Linda1978

Linda1978

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:32 AM

Dear Kamikase

for BFW (i.e. boiler feed water) consider the amount of steam that you need + 2 ~ 5 % (for boiler blowdown + Loss)

for required heating energy, consider the latent heat of steam (at specified pressure) add extra heating energy for super heating the steam. LHV of fuel is used to calculate ideal amount of required fuel. consider boiler efficiency (e.g. 85~90%) and calculate actual required fuel.

good luck