Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Investment (Capital Cost) And Operating Cost(Processing Cost) Of Acid

capital cost investment operating cost processing cost acid gas removal plant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 nuel92

nuel92

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

Hello guys! I'm currently doing some research about acid gas removal unit/plant and my professor asked to find about the investment/capital cost and the operating cost/processing cost for each acid gas removal unit/plant. Do you guys know where can i get the information about the cost? Or if you the infomation, i hope that yiu guys can upload it here. Thanks a lot

#2 ankitg009

ankitg009

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

Nuel

As you are researching about this topic, you might have noticed that there are different technologies for the acid gas removal process. Some are patented. You might have to procure licence from the respective licensor for that. That cost should be included in Capital cost. Below are the ways by which you can estimate plant capital cost.

Method:1

The attached link might be helpful:

http://www.slideshar...cost-estimation

This will help you calculate cost if you have previous cost on similar equipment. 

Method:2

If you don't have cost for previous cost on similar equipment . Following steps might help you in estimating equipment cost.

Steps to do:

1. Sizing of each equipment for a given capacity.

2. Estimating the land requirement for the same.

3. Calculating the volume of material used i.e. (Surface area x thickness)

4. Multiplying the Volume with Density of Material Used if SS316 use 8000 Kg/m3. You will get mass of SS required.

5. Multiplying Step 4 with price of SS per Kg

6. This will give you equipment cost only. You have to include erection charges (take 10% of equipment cost), packaging and forwarding(take 5% of equipment basic cost),freight charges(take 5%),spares(5%),state taxes etc.

Apart from that you have to include  instrumentation cost,electrical cost , civil cost ,utilities cost ,Land Cost etc. I hope i am not missing any more costs.

You being a student , i would suggest you to go for Method:1.

Edited by ankitg009, 17 July 2015 - 05:14 AM.