Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Pressure Powered Pump

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Pingue2008

Pingue2008

Gold Member

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

All,

I have a need for a Pressure Powered Pump Skid.  I contacted Spirax but their PPP contains a lot of Stainless Steel which is not very compatible with Dowtherm A, the pumped fluid.  Do you know of any other material that can be used other than CS?  I tried to reach out to Xenoninc but could not get any answer.  If you have designed a PPP, Operated, or purchased a PPP, please help out.  This is my first time dealing with them.  The attached are a summary and the PFD. The application is Dowtherm A.  If you know of a different design or something else that can do the same job, please let me know.  I am not going into details of what a PPP is because I believe in order to help, you should already know what a PPP is.

Thank you,

Pingue2008

Attached Files

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

Pingue2008:

I don’t know who Xenoninc is or how they are connected to Spirex-Sarco.  However, have you tried to contact Spirex-Sarco at:

Spirax Sarco Inc.
Northpoint Business Park
1150 Northpoint Blvd
Blythewood, SC 29016

Contact Details

Tel: (800) 575-0394
Fax:(803) 714-2222
And/or:
Telephone: (803) 714-2000
FAX (803) 714-2200  ???

I am assuming you are located in Alabama, as your profile denotes.  Spirex-Sarco is a very serious corporation and they certainly are not going to tolerate their clients - or potential clients - to be having trouble in contacting them for information.  In my opinion, they (Spirex-Sarco, and not a representative) are the ones to contact and the experts who can address and recommend the MOC for a Dowtherm A application - in conjunction with any recommendations that Dow Chemical themselves have to offer.  If you are not getting any results out of the South Carolina head office, I would send a detailed FAX and/or a phone call to the Sarco-Spirex principle office in Cheltenham, United Kingdom:

Spirex-Sarco

Tel: +44 (0) 1242 521361
Fax: +44 (0) 1242 573342

The folks at Cheltenham will certainly see to it that there is someone from Spirex-Sarco parked at your front door the next day, ready to meet with you and discuss your application.  Spirex will tell you if they have experience with Dowtherm A using their Pressure Powered Pumps; Dow Chemical will tell you their recommendations on the MOC that should be successful in Dowtherm A service.  Between them both you should have your concerns resolved and also have technical support and backup from the recognized experts.  See the attached.

Attached File  DowTherm MOC.pdf   174.55KB   13 downloads

#3 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

http://www.cheresour...ondensate-pump/

Consider the link above.

Hope this helps

Breizh

#4 Pingue2008

Pingue2008

Gold Member

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

Thank you.

I have been in contact with someone from Spirex- Sarco.