Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Vle Txy Plot

hysys simulation vle txy plot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 niconico100100

niconico100100

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:46 AM

Hi there, I need to use Hysys v8.6 to generate a VLE temperature-composition (Txy) diagram for a Phenol-Cyclohexanone mixture at 1atm. Would someone please explain the steps I would take to do this?

Thanks

#2 Lucian Gomoescu

Lucian Gomoescu

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hello,

I don't know if HYSYS v8.6 added a feature dedicated for this kind of data extraction as it is the case in Aspen Plus, but you can get this data from HYSYS by two methods (a and b ) at least:

1. Define the components and choose NRTL for the package.

2. Create a stream and define pressure to be 1 atm.

3.a. Change manually the mole fraction of cyclohexanone from 0 to 1 with an increment of 0.1 while noting down temperature at vap. fr. of 0 (bubble pt T), respectively 1 (dew pt T).

3.b. If increment for mole frac. is too small then manual changing of composition is too sad :(

So you can play a little trick: insert a spdreadshit block, import mass flow of the stream in one cell (e.g. A1),

make another cell (e.g. B3) equal to A1 and another one (e.g. B4) equal to 1 - B3, change B3 and B4 unit to unitless,

export B3 and B4 formulas to stream mole frac. of cyclohexanone, respectively phenol.

4.b. Go to Tools>>Databook>>Variables and insert stream's vap. frac., temp. and mass flow.

5.b. Create a case study with independent var. mass flow and vap. frac., let temp. as dependent.

6.b. Choose nested values with vap. frac. from 0 to 1 step 1, respectively mass flow from 0 to 1 step (0.1 or whatever) and click start.

7.b. Have a look at results as transpose table.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

P.S.

The mass flow was chosen in order to allow mole frac. as independent variable in case study. That's all.

It is recommended to compare HYSYS results against experimental data if it is available.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Txy.XML   193.82KB   38 downloads