Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Operating Cost Of Gosp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 NHAL

NHAL

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:43 AM

Hello, I am a student doing a project and we need to estimate the operating cost for constructing GOSP. Anyone can tell me where can I find the cost of operators, utilities, solvents and etc?

Thank you.

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

NHAL:

By the acronym "GOSP" do you mean "Gas-Oil Separation Plant"?  If so, then please identify it as such.  Always identify all your acronyms upon first mentioning them.

This topic of operating costs is one confronted by Chemical Engineering students around the world and is (or should be) taught by local instructors in Plant Design courses because the nature of operating costs is strictly a local characteristic.  Some of our Forum members may have cost resources applicable to the region of the world where you are located, but then they don't know that they can help you since you failed to tell us where you are located.  Materials, labor, utilities, amortization, and import costs all depend on what country or region you are talking about.  That is why YOUR INSTRUCTOR or professor should be the principal guideline in instructing you how and where to identify this data.  All our Forum members can do is guess --- and probably wrongly.

There is nothing universal in estimating costs - whether investment or operating.  Every region of the world has its own unique rules, laws, economies, development, and markets.  That is one reason why the citizens of the USA depend on buying so much stuff from China where the labor cost is relatively so much lower - the Chinese can make the same product much cheaper.  The more developed a country is, the more relatively expensive price of products made there.  So the answer to your dilemma is to identify your local conditions and seek out estimates locally.  There are no estimating "codes", "standards", or even guidelines.  You have to use local resources or available information.

#3 NHAL

NHAL

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thank you Art Montemayor for the answer. I am from Australia