Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Back Pressure, Psv, Flarenet

back pressure evaluation for

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 S Manikandan

S Manikandan

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:24 AM

Dear all 

In a flare system analysis, I have query on determining back pressure for a PSV in a particular scenario (eg: Fire scenario, having simultaneous relief of other PSVs in the same fire zone). In my case, the max operating pressure of flare header is 0.35 kg/cm2g. Since, I do not have any information about flare tip at this moment, i have fixed the system back pressure as 0.35 kg/cm2g in flarenet and proceeded for tail pipe sizing. Now my question is, from flarenet how to determine variable superimposed back pressure and built-up back pressure for a particular PSV in fire scenario.

Attached is the sceen shot of flarenet modelAttached File  post-43371-0-04106800-1446216106.png   187.76KB   19 downloads

P.S: I understand that both system back pressure and constant superimposed back pressure are same (0.35 kg/cm2g).

Thanks in advance.

#2 shan

shan

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 692 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

A flare system back pressure at a specific location should be varied with the released rates downstream to the flare tip, which is not a constant value.  You are able to get a PSV outlet back pressure from Aspen Flare System Analysis model.