Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Iron Content Trouble Shooting In Teg Dehydration System

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Papps

Papps

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

Lean TEG iron content measured and found that 220 ppm and pH dropped to 3.5, colour was dark brown.

Added MEA into the system and brought down iron content to 120 ppm and pH increased into 7.0.

It took one week to get back to this condition. Post adding MEA into the system observed Surge drum temperature rise and iron content came down by filtration. I suppose addition of MEA precipitated out iron from the glycol stream and got filtered in filters.

Now pH got stabilized but iron content again increased back to 400 ppm and colour turned into black. Rich and lean glycol sample looks same black coloured. But concentration is maintaining around 99 % above. I guess if glycol got degraded it won't be regenerating.

Further adding of MEA is not helping iron to get out of the solution. Filter differential pressure is maintaining constant. No rise is observed.

If Lean glycol is diluted with equal amount of water after some time black particles settling up leaving glycol n water down whereas its opposite to rich stream. When diluted with water, black particles settling down.

Questions:

Will adding of MEA increase the system temp always ?..
With the above explained condition how to get the glycol back into its normal condition. I guess it's not degraded as its regenerating.