Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Packed Bed Adsorption Tower

mechanical sketches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Zay

Zay

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

I am presently working on a design project involving the pressure swing adsorption tower. I am using a zeolite molecular sieve packed bed and in need of the cross-sectional view of the tower. 

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

Zay:

Is the following what you meant to write?

I am presently assigned a design project involving pressure swing adsorption using solid adsorbents. I am proposing to use zeolite molecular sieve packed beds and am in need of calculating the towers’ diameters.

Can someone help me with some hints or suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

#3 Zay

Zay

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:01 AM

Zay:

Is the following what you meant to write?

I am presently assigned a design project involving pressure swing adsorption using solid adsorbents. I am proposing to use zeolite molecular sieve packed beds and am in need of calculating the towers’ diameters.

Can someone help me with some hints or suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Yes, I have now to present mechanical sketches of the column, its cross-sectional view. I cannot find any such sketches online nor can i understand the structure of the column internals. Example, how are the adsorbents placed, its supports and etc. Would be grateful if anyone could help me in understanding the structure. Additionally, i would like to know how to determine the quantity of the adsorbents to be used in the tower.