Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

700 Degrees+ Superheated Steam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Mag101094

Mag101094

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Hi,

I am currently designing a boiler as part of a design project and have run into an issue. The aim is to produce superheated steam at a temperature sufficiently high so that it can be mixed with a 130 degrees stream of EB to result in a mixture that has temperature of 590 to 640 degrees. This requires an extremely high temperature of steam to be supplied and I cannot seem to find any guidance on the design of a boiler capable of producing steam at that temperature or whether it is even realisable. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

Pressure matters. Superheated 1500 psi steam is hot enough and can be used to generate power. If you do not need high pressure steam, you might consider adding lower temperature steam and then heating the mixture afterwards. Your process requirements to get the high temperature mixture without additional heating sounds very inefficient based on the sketchy description.

Edited by Pilesar, 29 March 2016 - 12:29 PM.

#3 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

Degrees come in various units. And should form a part of your quantity so that we are all understanding the same value. If I state my weight is 180, you might think I am obese; but I'm not.

Bobby

#4 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

Magdi:

Pay attention to the important point Bobby Strain is mentioning.

You have failed to tell our members what temperature scale you are referring to.  Agreeably, we may assume that you mean Fahrenheit - or is it Celsius?  The point here is that you are that laxed in your units, what else are we to question you on?   The advice is to always state your correct units on all given values.

#5 Mag101094

Mag101094

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Apologies I meant degrees Celsius. And I've found a solution now thanks anyway.