Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Pressure Vessel Discharge Simulation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 shahar bakal

shahar bakal

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:25 AM

I need to simulate a case with a flow from pressure vessel into another vessel. In this case there is no inlet stream into the pressure vessel and there is no outlet stream from the other vessel.

I have only Unisim HYSYS software. Is it possible to execute that case on UNISIM?

how do i do that without feed stream or an outlet? 

many thanks

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:44 AM

I need to simulate a case with a flow from pressure vessel into another vessel. In this case there is no inlet stream into the pressure vessel and there is no outlet stream from the other vessel.

I have only Unisim HYSYS software. Is it possible to execute that case on UNISIM?

how do i do that without feed stream or an outlet? 

shahar bakal,

Actually it would be a dynamic process getting started from opening the valve in-between till two pressure vessels being at the same pressure i.e settle out condition.

Then, it can be simulated dynamically as a valve with two inlet/outlet streams rather than two related pressure vessels without any inlet stream to the first one and outlet stream from the second.

#3 shahar bakal

shahar bakal

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

first I want to thank you for your answer. I'm not sure I got it clear. In this case study I would like to define an high pressure vessel connected to a low one. I need to investigate the rate of flow derivatives from the delta P between the two vessels. It should be a dynamic simulation. how do build this case in order to see how the rate of low is changing while the valve is open between the vessels?

the solution you gave me is proper for this?

many thanks. 

#4 shahar bakal

shahar bakal

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

I forgot to say that I also need that the flow will pass through a pipe system between the two vessels.

#5 serra

serra

Gold Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

for many operating cases (for example, gas) you can give a good estimate (for pressure vs time) from simple correlations

with the benefit  that derivatives can be estimated quickly for relatively simple models,

google for pressure equalization between two containers or similar words to find many resources,