Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Depressuring Utility-Inner Wall Temperature

hysys depressuring depressuring utility inner wall temperature

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 integral

integral

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:43 AM

I am currently working on a study related to depressuring of a mixed refrigerant system.

I can't elaborate much on the details but this is my problem. Can I set the value of the initial inner wall temperature (Vapor)? I have divided my depressuring profile into several pressure steps (i.e. 20 barA to 10 barA, then 10barA to 5barA. Seems non-sense why I am doing that but there is a reason. promise). I need to set the initial inner wall temperature(Vapor) of the pressure step from 10barA to 5barA to the last inner wall temperature (Vapor) of the 20barA to 10barA pressure step, because they are the same pressure obviously. Currently they are not equal.

I have changed the initial fluid condition of the pressure step from 10barA to 5barA with the final condition of that from 20barA to 10barA. I guess this is where the inner wall temperature trend changes becuase it cannot acoount what happened to that of the previous pressure step. 

#2 Mahdi1980

Mahdi1980

Gold Member

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

Integral

Brother, what you have explained above is confusing and not valuable.

If you really want to solve your problem by taking help, you should clarify your topic with an sketch like Process flow diagram and specify the items and process.

Then let us know your problem with enough clear description.

Take note, this is your problem not ours. So, let us have enough information about your case to help you.

Mahdi

#3 integral

integral

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

Thank you for your response Sir Mahdi. Unfortunately, I do not have my file at home and I do not have HYSYS installed in my PC so I really can't get specific with my question.

I'll just simplify my question (I hope I remember it correctly) because my concern is actually just something related to an input in depressuring utility. In HYSYS, after running your depressuring case, if you go to

Depressuring Utility  ------>View Utility-------->Config Strip Charts ------->View Historical Data, there will be a table showing the pressure profile, fluid temperature profile and many other parameters important for a depressuring study. My focus is the column regarding Inner Wall Temperature (Vapor). For example my depressuring pressure profile is from 20bar to 10bar and I get an inner wall temperature profile from 30degC to 5degC. Now I want to have another depressuring profile which is from 10barA to 5barA using the same initial condition but I want the Inner Wall Temperature (Vapor) to start at 5degC. Is there any way I can manipulate such parameter in hysys such that my profile starts at 5degC?