Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Automatic Bleed Off System For Process Piping.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 SPBK

SPBK

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:17 AM

In one of the EPC project, automatic bleed of valves need to be installed for produced water line (gravity pipeline) from Flow surge tank (located on higher elevation)  to ETP Tank (located at lower elevation).

This existing line is routed through pipe rack resulting in high points and formation of air pockets during operation. Hence manual venting required periodically. Fluid flowing through this line contains H2S so having safety concern,

I am considering following solution to overcome this problem with demerits as indicated below,

1.        Rerouting of pipeline to maintain gravity flow- it is not feasible because of shutdown requirement and quantum of modification work required.

2.       Automatic bleed off valve connected to flare system for vent (H2S content) - Possibility of  liquid carry over to flare line.

3.       Automatic Bleed off system with hydraulic closure (water leg) connected to Flare.

Based on above solutions, Option-3 with sufficient leg height (more that max pressure at high point vents) will ensure that liquid will not carry over to flare header only will bleed off  through liquid leg (bubble out)  to flare header.

Since I don’t have exposure to such design, request forum members for valuable inputs.

Thanks in adavance

#2 daniwibowo8

daniwibowo8

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:28 AM

Dear sir,

Maybe you can share PFD of your project.

As i know flare should have KO drum in order to make sure no liquid carry over.

Thx.