Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Aga 3 - 2000 Installation Requirements Interpretation

aga 3 natural gas measurement orifice meters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Ariel

Ariel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

Hi everybody,

I´d like to ask you about a very big doubt a have about the interpretation of tables 2.8a and 2.8b of the API MPMS Ch. 14.3.2 or /AGA Report No. 3, part 1.

Intro:

At the moment you have to design your pipeline layout process engineer MUST work with mechanic engineer to define the minimum required meter tube lengths for meters with 1998 Uniform Concentric 19-Tube Bundle Flow Straightener.

Manual API MPMS Ch. 14.3.2 gives tables 2.8a and 2.8b to help the engineer. Those tables are based on Figure 2-6 of the manual (Attached as Figure 2-6).

Attached File  Figure 2-6.JPG   26.92KB   0 downloads

Doubts:

I have two-mayor doubt about those tables:

1) Once you have decide to install a 1998 Uniform Concentric 19-Tube Bundle Flow Straightener , which would be the criteria to decide between table 2.8a (17Di < UL < 29Di) and 2.8b (UL > 29D). Only your plot plan design?

2) Those tables gives a “range” of distance?  Let’s see the case of a “Single 90° elbow R/Di = 1.5” of table 2.8b. It recommend you a 5-25 range. (Attached as figure 1).

Attached File  Figure 1.JPG   100.21KB   1 downloads

Which is the real distance for UL? Is 5Di o is a 25Di?.  For a 6in meter, you have 924mm and 3850mm respectively. It´s a big difference!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Ariel