Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Agru Sizing And Parameters Verifications

agru sizing simulation amine solution mixture acid gas removal unit hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Sarah_Process_engineer

Sarah_Process_engineer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hello.
I am a process engineer working in the oil and gas field. Actually, experiencing a problem with the AGRU, I'm trying to find a solution by verifying manually the parameters of the process such: Colomn sizing and pressure and temperature etc.

I have a gas of about 8% molar of CO2 and an Amine mixture of MDEA and DEA solutions (48% wt MDEA, 2% wt DEA, 50% wt water).

The problem is that our gas contains also aromatic compounds (BTEX) that's why we are installing an incinerator within a couple of next months because BTEX (by the mean of a simulation in hysys v8.4) go with the CO2 stream destined to be burned in the incinerator.
Now the thing is that VOC do not go with the CO2 stream such as the BTEX (according to my simulator) and i'm wondering whether it is a normal thing (due to polarity and chemical bounds etc.) or is there a problem with my hysys version.
There is another abnormality: the sweetned gas from the absorber contains only 0.06% molar of CO2 according to my simulator. and actually, the AGRU was sized to lower ther amount from 8% to 1.7% molar of CO2 ... So, it is really confusing !!!!!

Now, I have the intention to do a manual sizing starting from the beginning: Do I need to maintain the same solution mixture? try another one? which formula do I need to use?

Sorry for taking so long.

I'll appreciate help and advises.

Thank you very much.

Sarah.

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Sarah,

You should be able to find what you need for BETX removal with a Google search. There are companies who will supply the necessary equipment. As to column sizing, download software from Koch-Glitsch and Sulzer. HYSYS does a decent job of sizing, too.

Check this:  http://www.ou.edu/cl...Natural Gas.pdf

Bobby

Edited by Bobby Strain, 04 August 2016 - 10:24 PM.

#3 Sarah_Process_engineer

Sarah_Process_engineer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

Thank you for your answer Mr. Bobby,it's really helpful.

I need a procedure for sizing an AGR unit. Where can I find it ?

Edited by Sarah_Process_engineer, 05 August 2016 - 03:20 AM.