Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hot Oil Heater

heater hot oil boiler oil natural gas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ADITYA.DUBEY

ADITYA.DUBEY

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Dear All

We  are using Heatech manufactured(year 2001-02) hot-oil heaters in our company to heat therminol (a synthetic oil)for supplying heat to crude oil.Fuel gas(Natural Gas) is burned to give heat duty.These are direct fired tube heaters.A blower is used to control the air-flow.Heater is equipped with Burner Management System(BMS).

Watlow’s series F4P controller is used to control the Hot-oil outlet temperature.

Control panel is mounted on the skid itself from where desired temp set-point can be given.

Heater Skid Parameters can be monitored on the DCS panel in Central Control Room(CCR).

We want to facilitate temp set-point provision in CCR-DCS panel instead of providing set-point from locally skid mounted control panel.

Please tell us if there is any limitations (either safety wise or operation wise) in doing so.

I tried to contact vendor,but he is not reachable.Before approaching to instrument guys,I want to consult professionals/experts like you all on this subject as you all must have come across like these heaters.

Thanks and Regards

Aditya

#2 Napo

Napo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

Aditya.Dubey,

Maybe you can contact with:

www.heatech.ca

and

www.watlow.com

In our plant we have done a similar change a your proposal and now we can control the reboiler temperture from the Control Room, first we have done a HAZOP.

Napo.

#3 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:44 AM

Aditya,

Your instrument engineer needs to get involved. Normally further the controller, more the lag time for controller response. However with modern technologies such as fiber optic communication fast dynamic responses can be maintained with almost no adverse impact on controller lag due to large distance of the controller from the transducer.

Have a look at the link below:

http://www.davidson-...ds/TAMU0106.pdf

Regards,

Ankur.

#4 ADITYA.DUBEY

ADITYA.DUBEY

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Napo and Ankur Sir for your response.It is really useful.

Dear Napo

Can you please share HAZOP recommendation sheet and PnID sheet depicting pre and post changes??

And if you have then please share www.heatech.ca - email-id...as the one I have,is not replying to the query.

Thanks and Regards

Aditya

#5 Napo

Napo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

Aditya,

The contact that I have is: service@heatech.ca

The Hazop is property of the Company, I regret, I can´t share it.

Napo.