Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Finding Maximum Pressure By Screw Type Compressors At Fixed Power , Wh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Javid Kocharli

Javid Kocharli

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

Hi,

I have a screw type ( 2 stage ) compressor which sends propane to a vessel. Assuming all outlets of this vessel is closed, and there is no any PSV which protects the vessel from over-pressuring, what would be the maximum pressure exerted by this compressor? Assuming compressor is a fixed powered, and I only know the initial suction flow conditions. 

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

You must get the answer from the performance curves provided by the manufacturer.

Bobby

#3 Javid Kocharli

Javid Kocharli

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:17 AM

Bobby,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, I do not have performance curves.  Basically, when we are talking about screw( or other PDP) , it is assumed the suction volume is kept constant. And, if the power is also fixed, maximum pressure supplied can be derived. But, I believe my case is a little bit different., assuming all discharges are closed, will the volume for suction of gas will change? ( Power=constant), I believe that, If the compressor takes less volume in the suction section, the discharge pressure will increase until the seal system fails.(so suction volume changes).  Could you please share your thoughts with me?

Many thanks