Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Aqoues Phase Data In Hysys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 jprocess

jprocess

Gold Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Dear All,
In HYSYS environment whenever you have aqoues phase in your material stream,HYSYS will give you the properties and information of it in a separate column beside the liquid and vapor phases data.Is there any specific reason for that?
Warm Regards.
Cheers.

#2 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

I read your post 3 times an can still not understand your question. If you have 3 phases, wouldn't you want to know the properties of each one of them? Hysys also gives you the bulk properties of the whole stream, if that is what you need.

#3 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

Hi jprocess,

I have same observation as you did. If you look at the aqueous flowrate, it's zero flow. Not quite know what the reasons behind presenting the aqueous properties knowing the flow is zero.

I guess...sometimes when you have 3 phase (GLW) separation and your may want to consider few % aqueous carry over to condensate side. You may simply copy the condensate stream (with aqueous properties) on new stream, manually adjust the aqueoous flow and mix it with condensate stream. This will form the basis for your downstream treatment facilities but without affecting the overall HMB.

Another observation in HYSYS, if the aqueous flow is too low (under-saturated), the aqueous properties will dissappear.

Hope this help

JoeWong