Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

B-jac For Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 daiweisc

daiweisc

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

hello everyone,

when I learn B-JAC, I found the B-JAC have no physical property data. Could you give a reason about this run results.
Thanks in advance.

#2 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

I am not very familiar with B-JAC but it seems to me that it relies on an external simulator (AspenPlus) to generate the physical property data. You can then import the relevant properties for your design.

#3 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

All items of interest can be found in B-JAC tutorials. If you are concerned about generating an assay, it should be done in AspenPlus and imported as such in B-JAC module, or by using AspenProperties link. Nevertheless, it is somewhat complicated to accomplish this task, compared to Hysys or Refsys procedures.

By the way, when visiting Honeywell last week in Italy, I found out that this company took an ownership over Hysys some time ago. Hysys is now on the market under the name "UniSim Design Suite", and it is - if it is to be believed people from Honeywell - enhanced version of previous Hysys releases, concerning fluid packages, heavy oil characterization and heat transfer modeling. Does anyone have experience with UniSim Design?

#4 daiweisc

daiweisc

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

I already finished it yesterday, but I still thank your replies.

cheers

by the way, I am not familiar of HYSYS, and I am sorry that I cannot give a help to you.

#5 BehnamPro

BehnamPro

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hi,

You can do thermal desin by "HETRAN" and also do mechanical design by "TEAMS" that are Aspen B-jac components.

#6 ari

ari

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:52 AM

hi..
i think you can find a physical properties : click tool ( tool bar ) then click chemical data base, in Bjac you also can make a new chemical database, i am a bjac user, maybe we can share here my email address ari_fujiwara@yahoo.com, i think this is the best software for heat exchanger simulation or rating.