Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Who Could Help Me

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Bashir

Bashir

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hello every body: its Bashir over here.

I really have very serious question need to be solved as soon as possible, I have tried but could not reach the right answer , so please everyone of you who has an ability to sort it out please do it.

Note: You can use any assumptions if u need.

The question is:

I have a solution of humic acid ( 10mg/l) into 100ml glass pottle ( volume ) and that means my solution is 100ml

I have put an adsorbent ( materila ) to adsorb humic acid from the solution which is deionized water.
My adsrobent material is polymer beads ( cylindrical shape ) have a very low surface area about 1.0 m2/gm.

if you know that Avogadro number is 6.022 * 10 *^23 and the humic acid molecule diameter ( size ) is around 1.5nm.

And we assume that the humic acid will be adsorbed as a monolayer not multilayer.

The weight of each bead is about 0.044gm

You can assume or calculate if u need how much beads should i put in the solution to adsorb a specific amount of humic acid.

Finally : by these informations could u know how much mgs of humic acid will be adsorbed on these beads as a monolayer

Please try to answer if there is anything missing if is very necessary to solve this problem so you can assume it.

Regards

Bashir

#2 Bashir

Bashir

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

I am still waiting for someone who can help me:please guys try

#3 gvdlans

gvdlans

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 619 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

It looks like a "lazy student question". What's exactly the problem you are facing?