Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Stripper Column Cost

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 KK7uwo

KK7uwo

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

I'm wondering if anyone can provide mw witha cost of a column with a specifications of

diameter = 2.38 m
T/T height = 16.5 m
Number of trays = 16
Tray type = valve trays

or if anyone can provide me with any good text books to check out

Thanks

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Equipment fabrication cost information is useless and a waste of time if you don't state all the specifics to the equipment and its fabrication:
  1. Location - I can probably fabricate a vessel in China at a fraction of what it would cost to do so in the USA;
  2. Detailed fabrication drawing and complete specification sheet - without this, you are talking genralities and might as well give it a nominal price of $15 per lb of vessel weight;
  3. When will you issue a firm purchase order - with an initial down payment? If you are only "fishing" for a budget figure, then use the estimate above;
  4. What currency are you going to pay in?

Fabrication cost estimates like the one you are requesting can't be taken as serious business and, as such, a fabricator really is not going to waste his/her time just to give you a serious price estimate. You have to show that you will purchase, and give the fabricator the feeling that you will purchase from him/her. Otherwise, it is just a silly game to play.

#3 zehuachem

zehuachem

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:38 AM

I am working for a company for design and fabrication for column internals. I have estimate your column. It may be 3 to 3.5 MT for the internals. The material used is essential to the cost. If you get the cost for the shell, I think you can calculate the estimate cost base on the material price. The cost for design not include.

#4 mishra.anand72@gmail.com

mishra.anand72@gmail.com

Gold Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

Leave it.