Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Quench Tower

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_Renaldo_*

Guest_Renaldo_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

I have to design a quench tower for my final year design project, am calculated the diameter of the column from the sherwood corrrelations, but i am not quite sure how to calculate the height of the column. Another problem i have is determining the pressure drop over the column an appropriate Operating pressure for the column. Gas feed streams to the colum is at 232C an 1152kPa and the liquid feed stream at the top of the column is at 35C and 138kPa. Can you please help me.
Thank you Renaldo

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Renaldo @ Mar 14 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to design a quench tower for my final year design project, am calculated the diameter of the column from the sherwood corrrelations, but i am not quite sure how to calculate the height of the column. Another problem i have is determining the pressure drop over the column an appropriate Operating pressure for the column. Gas feed streams to the colum is at 232C an 1152kPa and the liquid feed stream at the top of the column is at 35C and 138kPa. Can you please help me.
Thank you Renaldo

Hi Renaldo,

i have nearly the same problem like you. Did you get usefull informations. I'm now at the beginning of my work. If you have any informations about it, can you please post them.
Thanks Gissy