Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Please Help Me With Pressure Drop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Bashir

Bashir

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hi all

I really need your help..
will explain to u what I am going to do exactly

1) I have to built a filter pilot plant for water treatment
For this filter, i have decided that to built the filter with three sections two PVC columns sections and one in the middle is Perspex column ( clear acrylic ) 300mm in outside diameter and 1m length.. but we prefere the thickness would be around 8mm

2) i can tell u that: i need to pump water from the bottom section of the filter which will be a PVC section,, and the flow rate will be around 180 L/H.to 300 L/H.. and the velocity will be around 5m/h and 10m/h..and i will put some materilas ( polymer beads ) inside the filter that will treat the water. i will pump air as well from the bottom to wash the materials once it is dirty..

By the way: my flow will be upflow

My qusestions are

1- What is the downflow wash water for floating media filter ? and what is upward wash air for floating media filter ? Is there any range ? in oder words : what is the typical backwash rate for upflow floating media filter ?

2- Could i calculate the amount of water and air the i need it for backwashing the media ? Could u help me with it ?

3- How can i calculate the pressure loss through the media before running any experiments ?

4-What about the required pressure of the system ?

I really have no feeling about these questions.. so could u help me with them ?

Best regards