Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Production Of Lng From Natural Gas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 NGOI MS M'sia

NGOI MS M'sia

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

Dear Mr. Art Montemayor,

i'm currently an undergraduate student encounter with my process design and analysis topic "production of LNG from natural gas". the process i had chose is with a capacity of 8mmtpa. now i would like to carry out the mass balance and energy balance for the process. can you help me?

the process i chose was patented in US patent No. 6269655

i hope to get at least the temperatures and pressures information from you...

your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

thank you. rolleyes.gif

#2 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

It's hard to expect that you'll get any information related to licensed processes. However, getting a budgetary quotation (proposal) from technology vendors is a straightforward exercise - simply provide material balance and process parameters of natural gas feed, including product requirements, and licensor will do the rest. At least you will have some information to start with.

The list of available technologies is extremely wide, although they all apply - more or less - the same principles of cryogenic processing. The optimum configuration of a plant depends on feed composition/condition, impurites, LNG specs, NGL recovery and flexibility to recover/reject C2 from natural gas. One thing you can definitely do by yourself is to approach companies such are: Technip, Statoil/Linde, UOP/Randall, Shell (that could be your DMR process), Ortloff, Conoco, Black & Veatch, Axens etc.

To make your task more interesting - if you have some background in cryogenic systems design and operating principles - you could perform a thorough P-T analysis of natural gas feed and seek for optimum (or just feasible) ways to design liquefaction process. If you are persistent enough and if you are driven by desire to learn and understand how this actually works, you can do it. Not to the extent of plant design itself, but certainly you will enrich yourself with plenty of beautiful engineering work.

Best of luck,

#3 NGOI MS M'sia

NGOI MS M'sia

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

thanks a lot...

#4 chemical eng.

chemical eng.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (NGOI MS M'sia @ Aug 21 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks a lot...

hi my friend
i am working in LNG plant
what do you need exactly ?
i can help you , just send me whuch method is it cold box or APCI ?
you can contact me on :
kas19782000@gmail.com