Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Ib Student Looking To Study Che Engineering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Lucidity

Lucidity

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hi, I'm a student in high school and I have just started the IB diploma program. I am looking forward to pursuing a career in chemical engineering. Chemistry is one of my favorite subjects, and I feel that I would enjoy the job. The following are some inquiries that I would like answered smile.gif

1) Is it required for me to take math HL to study chemical engineering in university? I am fairly good at math, but I would like to know if all the extra effort is needed at HL to succeed in university.

2) I have also chosen physics SL instead of biology because I have discovered that the job requires knowledge in physics. Is physics at standard level enough or should I be taking it at HL?

3) I would like some insight into how the job really is. Do you guys work mostly in an industrial factory, or do you work in a laboratory? And do you enjoy your job?

My thanks and appreciation for your time! wink.gif

#2 chenblue

chenblue

Gold Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:24 AM

Hi Lucidity,

About 1) and 2), I must tell u, there are so many math problems in ChE course. Maybe u would lile the department of chemistry more than ChE. About 3), this is as individual as the person.