Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Corrosion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 process101

process101

Gold Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hi every one
I work in gas Industry. I need to find that how long it takes to corrode Carbon steel and Stainless steel. We are using Amine system (DGA). As a matter of fact i like to calculate corrosion rate for carbon steel and stainless steel using Co2 properties. the issue is that i don't have the equation with me. Is there any one who can help me or give me a clues about the equation?
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much

#2 vittorio6

vittorio6

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

Hi

If you need to calculate corrosion due to CO2 you can use the model of DeWaard-Milliams and following modifications. There are also free software like the NORSOK M 506 that allow you to calculate corrosion in Oil&Gas due to CO2 or also the FreeCorp.

corrosion prevention oil&gas

hope this help u

Vittorio

#3 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

I have used the NORSOK M-506 program. It is NOT USER FRIENDLY and requires a lot of work. It is recognized by major operators in the field.

The Freecorp software from Ohio University seems to be very user friendly and easier to install and use. I have not used it yet, but I would expect it to have a place in predicting CO2 corrosion rates.

#4 vittorio6

vittorio6

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (Art Montemayor @ Nov 7 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have used the NORSOK M-506 program. It is NOT USER FRIENDLY and requires a lot of work. It is recognized by major operators in the field. The Freecorp software from Ohio University seems to be very user friendly and easier to install and use. I have not used it yet, but I would expect it to have a place in predicting CO2 corrosion rates.
The Norsok model is not so complicated, i mean you need some backgorund on corrosion but if you study some papers on CO2 corrosion it's a very good software if u need help, just ask and iìll suggest u how to use it V. corrosion prevention