Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Engineers Are The Best

Engineers Are The Best

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

With due respect I want to ask that If anyone can provide me some data on distillation columns, inlet and outlet compositions(both overheads and bottoms) in conventional Plants of production of vinyl acetate monomer from acetylene and acetic acid.I would be grateful if you can provide me with some literature or web link or E mail me at engineer2556@hotmail.com

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

Just a quick and obvious reply:

Don't hold your breath waiting to receive what is considered to be proprietary information - for free. I seriously doubt that you will get one response.

No one is going to share (at least not legally) information that is considered proprietary and secretive for obvious, competitive reasons.

What do you need this information for? Is this a school assignment that you simply want to avoid generating? Tell us the real, factual reason for this request and perhaps we can help in a legal correct manner.

#3 Engineers Are The Best

Engineers Are The Best

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

Yeah Sir this a school assignment.I am not asking for the exact answer rather I want a rough information on the outlets of distillation columns and it's operating pressure and temperature.It is by no means for any illegal use.I am a student and how can I think of doing such a criminal act.

#4 djack77494

djack77494

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

Suggestion for future postings - Use a more descriptive title for you postings. For example, "Vinyl Acetate Monomer Distillation" would catch the attention of anyone working in that technology and is more likely to get you a useful response. Many people won't waste their time loooking at something with a title like "Help"; most of those who do quickly realize its outside their area of expertise, but they've wasted their time to do so. This is easily avoided to the benefit of all.