Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Guidance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Genius

Genius

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Hello Everyone,
I am a chemical Engineer and very fond of process design. But i think that before i proceed in process design i must have the basic knowledge regarding process design. I mean that the basic books are good but i should have some advance knowledge regarding process design.
Can anyone guide me on how to enhance my knowlege regarding process design and where to start from. unsure.gif
Regards

#2 gvdlans

gvdlans

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

Well, you may start with telling a bit more about yourself...

Where are you from, what education did you go through, what professional experience do you have, how many years of working experience do you have, do you have specific interests? etc. Now all we know about you is that you are a chemical engineer...

#3 Genius

Genius

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (gvdlans @ Mar 3 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you may start with telling a bit more about yourself...

Where are you from, what education did you go through, what professional experience do you have, how many years of working experience do you have, do you have specific interests? etc. Now all we know about you is that you are a chemical engineer...

Dear gvdlans
I am currently doing my Masters of Chemical Engineering. After completion i want to go for some Process Design Job. My specific interest is heat and mass balance and overall design of a chemical equipment (i.e, two phase separator, three phase separator, reactore etc.). I have about two years experience as Design Engineer of Pressure Vessel (mechanical design). But now i think that its the rite time for me to switch to my own domain so that after my MSc i can continue as process design engineer
Regards

#4 gvdlans

gvdlans

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

Well, you made a good start by joining this forum...

I would recommend you to read as many (new and older) contributions from senior members such as Art Montemayor, Phil Leckner (pleckner), Milton Beychok (mbeychok), Zauberberg, djack77494, Joerd, JoeWong, ankur2061 and quite a few others. You may also consider to join the eng-tips forum.

At a point it is no use to continue to study by books etc. You can only become a good chemical engineer by just doing it, and by working side-by-side with more experienced engineers (who should guide you and coach/mentor you).