Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Energy And Mass Balance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 chau

chau

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

Dear all'

Tonns of thanks for support , we are getting from you.
Now here i have some interesting things to get share with you. Apparantly iam working for one of waste heat recovery project for cement plant. The point is while designing the things and for prebid engineering sveral task has to be accomplished to meet the optimum possibility of generating the power

Heat and mass balance being the critical and does require stringent efforts and expertise to reach to the optimum level. If iam talking about energy and mass balance , defiatly iam targeting to all equipment excluding boiler.

Aux equip
1) Turbine
2) Condensor
3) Dearetor
4) RO
etc

Can you send me any spread sheet or any refernce book to go through to perform the heat and mass balance

Awaiting for your valuable reply

HARRY

#2 process705

process705

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Dear chau:
If you have Degree in chemical engineering then you should be able to do mass balance and heat balance OR if you forgot then you can go back to First year Material Balance book. Where they teach you that how to do material balance. ( Doing Mass and Heat Balance is main job of a chemical engineer)

hope you got my point

#3 chau

chau

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (process705 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear chau:
If you have Degree in chemical engineering then you should be able to do mass balance and heat balance OR if you forgot then you can go back to First year Material Balance book. Where they teach you that how to do material balance. ( Doing Mass and Heat Balance is main job of a chemical engineer)

hope you got my point

Thanks for your reply.

I am basically the mechanical engineer, apparantly what i concieve is , perceiving the refernce for my objective will not be a big deal, what i need is some refrence article or any spread sheet . Well that would really patronage me to come across my agenda. I am very musch aware about the core mechanical subject for the same plant. Now to get a sense with brand understanding i need to hav ethe energy and mass balance across all equipment. Apparantly ours is waste heat recovery system. To get the systematic platform and to have the considerable approach towrads my engneering consultant , so that i should not belive in dark for what iam being enlighten about from my consultanty.Probly this could get me on the right path and iam dam sure , your response will mitigate me to achive agenda

Awaiting for your valuable reply .

chaubey

#4 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (chau @ Mar 30 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am basically the mechanical engineer, apparantly what i concieve is , perceiving the refernce for my objective will not be a big deal, what i need is some refrence article or any spread sheet . Well that would really patronage me to come across my agenda. I am very musch aware about the core mechanical subject for the same plant. Now to get a sense with brand understanding i need to hav ethe energy and mass balance across all equipment. Apparantly ours is waste heat recovery system. To get the systematic platform and to have the considerable approach towrads my engneering consultant , so that i should not belive in dark for what iam being enlighten about from my consultanty.Probly this could get me on the right path and iam dam sure , your response will mitigate me to achive agenda

Chaubey:

What are you trying to say?? --- in English??????????

Please tell us if you are a STUDENT or an ENGINEER. If you claim to be an engineer, what university did you graduate from?

I am trying to help you out by orienting your numerous queries and trying to figure out what you need help in. Help us help you by answering the above questions.

#5 chau

chau

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Art Montemayor @ Mar 31 2009, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chau @ Mar 30 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chaubey:

What are you trying to say?? --- in English??????????

Please tell us if you are a STUDENT or an ENGINEER. If you claim to be an engineer, what university did you graduate from?

I am trying to help you out by orienting your numerous queries and trying to figure out what you need help in. Help us help you by answering the above questions.

Iam fresh graduate engineer from kurukshetra university

awaiting for your reply

#6 process705

process705

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

Dear Chau:
I apologize for offending you but that was not my intention. By reading your other queries i thought you might be a chemical engineer. By the way this is Che Forum. Any way I don't have any spread sheet or any article But I do know this book from my previous co-worker that Book may be helpful for you.
The Book is "Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering, 7th Edition"
Please read this book and you will be able to find all the answers there.