Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Mdea Loop Contamination

amine mdea acetate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Hamid_r_2003

Hamid_r_2003

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Dear Friends,

As you know amine systems may be contaminated by various sources. The complete MDEA test has been performed and unlikely some of the anions were so high in our system. I am looking for the disadvantages and effects of Acetate presence (around 3000 ppm) in our MDEA loop which may prove the HSS formation and amine degradation in our case. However in some references i found that the acetic acid presence may help the MDEA to be easily stripped from H2S. Furthermore our amine plant suffers from sever corrosion which mostly observed in regenerator column (the parts that are in contact with gas).
I would be delighted if anyone could help me in this regard.

Edited by Hamid_r_2003, 06 January 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#2 neel_avi

neel_avi

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Dear Hamid,

as far as I know the amine systems, acetate salts is a HSAS which should be limited to the range of 1000-1200 ppm. Acetates also have a tendency to reduce the gas carrying capacity of amine and increases the viscosity of the solution, thus increasing the unit operating cost. More data is available abundantly on google.

Regards

Avijit

#3 Hamid_r_2003

Hamid_r_2003

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Dear Avijit,
you are right, acetate is one of the organic anions bound of HSAS (or HSS). but what i can't get is its source. How the acetate salt could be formed in amine loop since it's producers is not exist in amine plant feed. It would be appreciated if you cold help me in this regard too.