Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Which Job Should I Take Davy Process Technology Or Aspentech?

job work advice davy process technology aspentech

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 halffrench

halffrench

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

I have job offers to work for Davy Process Technology and Aspen Technology. But which job should I chose? Ignoring location and wage, which company is more interesting/fun to work for and has better potential career prospects?

If anyone has had experience working for or with these companies your insight would be much appreciated too.

Thanks

#2 Dazzler

Dazzler

Gold Member

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

I suspect that if your career is heading strongly in the process engineering direction for the next 10years or more, then AspenTech may offer very in depth competency in simulation software etc and you could specialize in this.  AspenTech is a very software oriented company. You may end up with skills highly in demand by companies such as Davy for later on. 

On the other hand, Davy may offer more broad design/project experience as well as some simulation software familiarisation, and perhaps more technical/engineering career path choices and travel to project locations.

Dazzler

#3 MI_Sidd

MI_Sidd

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

I would definitely go for Davy, as already mentioned davy will give design & project experience with simulation skills assuming that u will be joining the process engg dept. with this background u can switch to Aspen later on but vice versa wud be very diificult.