Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hydrogen Recycle Compressor Purchase Specification Sheet

compressor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Miraz

Miraz

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hi, We want to by Hydrogen Recycle gas Compressor( Reciprocating Type, Electric Motor driven) for our Naphtha reformer unit ( 2500BPD). we want use the new compressor for both reformer unit and Naphtha Hydrotreater  unit. I need prepare a full specification sheet for sending to vendor. (operating capacity 3-16 mmscfd (75% pure Hydrogen gas, Molecular weight 11, compression ratio require 2/1, operating suction pressure 245psig, suction pressure veriable(100-250 psig )). Can anybody help me about preparing specification sheet for vendor. how to format such kind of sheet.

#2 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Miraz,

Appendix A of API STD 618 (Reciprocating Compressors for Petroleum, Chemical, and Gas Industry Service) has typical datasheet for Reciprocating compressors. It can be configured as an excel datasheet and used for submitting to the vendor to get quotes.

Regards,

Ankur.

#3 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Miraz:

As Ankur has stated, what you need is an API 618 Data Sheet(s) in order to fully specify the conditions and equipment that you require from the potential vendors.

I am attaching an Excel version of the 1995 API 618 edition for your use.  This should be more than enough to fully describe what you intend to buy.  Note the details that are required to fully describe the scope of work and the machine to be supplied.

This document should serve as the basis of your ultimate purchase and all revisions subsequent to the issue of the tender should be detailed on this copy.  You should always specify the initial suction and ultimate final discharge pressures to the supplier – and not the “compression ratio”.  It is not possible to understand what you have written as the “compression ratio”.  You state the operating suction condition pressure will be 245 psig.  Does this mean the operating discharge pressure should be 504.7 psig?  You should always indicate your pressures in absolute units (psia) unless you state what the design atmospheric pressure is where the compressor will operate.  You also indicate that the suction pressure will vary.  You should state what are the expected (and desired) suction design pressures (and temperatures) as well as any variances in the discharge pressure.  Allow the supplier to explain or comment on how it is proposed to design the proposed machine to handle the different operating conditions.  For this purpose you should create various cases showing the different operating conditions.

Attached File  API 618 1995 Compressor Data Sheets Rev1.xlsx   1.64MB   141 downloads

#4 Miraz

Miraz

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for helping me. The given specification sheet was very helpful to me. one thing I should mentioned earlier that this compressor will be used to circulate gas through out a process section and a partial flow through another section for purging. Goal is not to store gases  in a system or high pressure vessel. and I made mistake, compression ratio will be 1.4 . May be I am wrong, but for Recycle compressor- compression ratio is necessary (Process requirement).