Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Sizing Sulphur De-Gasification Pit Sizing/ Design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 HDoukani

HDoukani

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

Greeting All,

Are there any books which can aid me in the basic sizing of a sulphur degassing pit (Preferably for one that follows closely the Shell de gasification process). I am removing H2S (dissolved and in the chemically bound form of H2SX) from liquid sulphur a 150 degC and atmospheric pressure.  I have used a flash drum to simulate the de-gasification process using air ( assumed to be 79%v/v Nitrogen and 21%v/v Oxygen) on CHEMCAD. My feed contains pseudo components (sulphur 2,6 and 8) representing the sulphur product. I have already had a look at the sizing procedure demonstrated in the file contained in the link below. I require basic dimensions ( length, width and height of each compartment in the pit and the position of the surge weir. The detail of sizing is somewhere within the order what  is demonstrated in the link bellow, however the authors are sizing an existing pit known dimensions while I am not. I would like a method to obtain these dimensions. If someone knows a method which enables me simply obtain these dimensions, I would be eternally grateful. 

1) the Air and  Sulphur feed flow rate to the pit. (mass or volumetric)

2) (H2S gas product and Liquid sulfur products at 

3)  respective stream and equipment properties

4) the file linked below

Deepest apologies if I have not provided adequate or information for my request to be satisfied or have not communicated the request properly.

Many Thanks

HD

(This is not my work and is openly available on Google for download)

http://www.engr.usas...inal Report.pdf