Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Gas Tank Repair

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 wozniak

wozniak

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:40 AM

I need to repair a gas tank 9 meters in diameter by 8 high, theoretically as I could, without removing the gas inside, they told me there was a way, but I did not know what way was , did you think anything?

I need to change the top, and weld

PD: sorry my bad english.

Necesito reparar un estanque de gas, de 9 metros de diámetro por 8 de alto, teoricamente como podría hacerlo, sin retirar el gas del interior, me dijeron que existía una forma, pero no supe cual, ¿se les ocurre algo?

necesito cambiar la parte superior, y soldar

Edited by wozniak, 26 January 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#2 proinwv

proinwv

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

It would be helpful if you would tell the forum what the gas is and some more details on the type of repair needed. When you say solder, can I assume that you mean weld?

#3 wozniak

wozniak

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

It would be helpful if you would tell the forum what the gas is and some more details on the type of repair needed. When you say solder, can I assume that you mean weld?

the gas inside the gas tank is "mineral coke gas" o "coal gas"( i dont know how you named), It's a metallurgical industry, i hear one posibility its a water seal on top of the floating roof,but i dont really know how thats work.

PD: and yes i mean weld, edit it.

#4 manojkaila

manojkaila

Gold Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:14 AM

Dear,

As per my simple understanding any vessel which contain any type of hydrocarbon specially gas does not advisable for welding. Only we are doing HOT tapping or online welding that is also with proper consideration when pipeline has continuous flow of liquid. This is very risky job & must be done after full risk analysis and technical consideration.

Good Luck

Manoj